Skip to content

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) refers to work placement for F-1 students during your program.  The training must be related to your program and your employment must first be approved by the Office of Records and Registration. Only submit an approved Work placement form with the grey box completed and signed by Records and Registration.

You can not begin working until you receive your I-20 with CPT authorization and can only work for the employer and dates on the second page. If you would like to apply for an extension of your CPT authorization, you will need to submit a new CPT authorization request before your current CPT end date.