Skip to content

Semester Break

Undergraduate students have a built in summer break that does not require any special permission. The HU I-20 gives lawful presence during the summer if the student intends to enroll in the fall. For graduate student, after two (2) consecutive semesters are completed, an F-1 grad student may request a semester break.

Important Notes:
  • Harrisburg University graduate programs operate on a trimester schedule and full time enrollment is expected year round.  You must be approved for a semester break by the International Student Office.
  • A student may not engage in Curricular Practical Training (CPT) while on a semester break.
  • When a semester break is approved, CPT must cease as of the last day of classes of the semester before the break.
  • A student on break is not required to leave the U.S.